I found something strange on Piper today. I had no idea what it was. I was playing with it to see if it would fall off. It was tan and with a black spot and almost looked like a small pine nut. Then all of a sudden, its legs started moving...it was a TICK!!!
I always thought ticks were teeny tiny. Wrong.
I called the vet and they told me to use tweezers to take it off and then put some peroxide and ointment on it. I did just that. But of course since I am paranoid about this stuff I called back to tell them that it seemed like there was a lump now. They told me that it is like a mosquito bite. It swells a little but should go down in a few days....
Something like this always happens right after we are at the vet. We were there for her yearly check-up (where they also scanned her to make sure her microchip still worked!) a few weeks ago and she is a healthy dog. Then this happens...of course. I was about to bring her to the vet, but they said she didn't have to go in.
And another day in the life of a stay at home dog-mom ;)
3 comments:
ilk. these are scary. you have to pull it off the right way or else you can leave something under the skin & they get an infection! gross. do you frontline her?
I got the entire tick. I saved it too. Just in case. In a plastic baggie and then in a jar. I didn't want it getting away. I do frontline her, but of course this month I never did. I figured it was getting cold out, no need. Not true. The vet says to frontline her until there is snow. I gave it to her today, after the fact.
OMG I am cracking up at the last line - stay at home dog mom! LOL...your too much!
Post a Comment