
(the infinity pool)

(view of the house from the pool)
As I said in the last post the trip was amazing. We hung out by the pool everyday and sipped on fresh margaritas. The weather was perfect. We only had rain the first night for about 30 minutes. Monday night we had 50 MPH winds due to Tropical Storm Patricia. Other than that it was sunny and 90 degrees.

View from the pool while the winds were comin' in strong
...AND THEN THERE WAS THE FOOD

(breakfast/dinner table)
The food was fantastic. I am spoiled for life. I don't think I will ever have Mexican food like that again. We had a chef at the house, so everything was prepared in the kitchen, right there for us. Every meal was 3 courses. Breakfast was fresh fruit, pancakes or french toast or bagels and salmon. THEN it was onto 'Huevos'. I chose to have the Huevos y Chorizo every morning. Served with fresh salsa's and corn tortillas. AMAZING. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Dinner every night was better than anything we could have got at a restaurant. Here is a quick rundown of the dinners...
Saturday:
1st course:Tortillas with mole sauce and fresh salad and guacamole.
Main Course:Chili Rellenos.
Dessert:Flan
Sunday:
1st course: Tortilla Soup (the best i've ever had)
Main Course: FRESHLY caught that morning Red Snapper with rice and veggies (I really liked it and I don't eat seafood)
Dessert: Fresh brownie's with ice cream and berries
Monday:
1st course: Cesar salad
Main Course: Fillet with mushroom sauce and chicken parmigiana
Dessert: Caramelized bananas drizzled with tequila and ice cream
Tuesday was Birthday Night:
1st course: Corn soup (it wasn't as think as chowder, but was thicker than jut broth)
Main Course: Lobster tail and shrimp. They also made me a piece of grilled chicken because I am not a big seafood person. But I ate both the chicken and lobster
Dessert: Birthday Cake. I think it was carrot.
Wednesday was Italian Night:
1st course: Bruchetta
Main Course: Spagheti with maranara, penne with carbonara, angel hair with a spicy sauce and Lasagna (i think the best lasagna i have EVER had)
Dessert: Rice Pudding with cinnamon
As you can see, the food was not too shabby. For those of you that know my eating styles will be happy to hear that I ate everything that was served to me. My goal going down there was to at least try everything. I was pretty proud of myself.
On Thursday, my parents, J's brother and sister in law left and we moved to another house...without a chef :( We only moved 3 houses down the street though. Still a gorgeous house. We ended up going into PV for a day and walked around, stopped for 'cervesa's', the norm.
some other photos...

The approach into Puerta Vallerta

The private beach

Sunrise (at 8am)
So...in the end, we had a fantastic time with friends and family. Did a lot of relaxing...uh..and drinking. And cannot wait to go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment