Thursday, April 2, 2009

No more Plastic

Did you know that plastic plastic bottles can take up to 1000 years before they begin to decompose once buried?

So in an effort to save the world, me and J are trying to be plastic free. Although virtually impossible, there are ways to decrease plastic use.

Here are some of the ways we plan on it:
1. no more ziploc bags or containers. We are going to purchase glass storage containers
2. no more plastic milk jugs. Paper or glass only.
3. I have requested my company for tea bags rather than K-Cups.
4. I have requested my company to stop buying plastic CD cases and use these ones I found online

5. No water bottle (which we don't really buy anyway unless we are on the road)
6. No plastic outdoor furniture. Which works out because we just got a bunch of wrought iron furniture from my grandma's house)
7. No disposable cutlery, cups, etc. Which we never buy anyway.

Basically, whenever there is another alternative, we will go with that.
Anything wood based or glass based is the way to go.

No comments: