Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday Afternoon Swim

Today I went to the gym at lunch to swim. I typically am able to get in a 40 minute swim on an hour lunch break. Today was a little different....

First of all it was raining outside, so I was sitting at my desk thinking that i didn't want to go outside and drive to the gym, but I did anyway. Go Sarah!

I got to the gym to see a bunch of people standing outside. They we on to inform me that there was a gas leak and they were evacuating the gym. Normally I might sigh and then walk back to the car and go back to work. A little happy that the gym was closed. Today was different, I decided to wait it out. I figured I would wait about 15 minutes and see what happened. The wait was shorter than that, probably about 7 minutes. The firetrucks came and the firefighters checked it out. No gas leak.

So, I got in my workout, did about a mile broken up into sets, so i swam for about 35 minutes...and I got to see some cute guys in uniforms! Not a bad lunch break afterall :)

SWIM WORKOUT (for anyone interested)
500 warm up
4X200's (on 3:15)
#1. Free
#2. IM
#3. Kick
#4 Free

100 fly (I did it on 1:20!)
100 back (I did that on 1:30, still slower than my fly)

150 cool down

No comments: