Thursday, November 5, 2009

A great start to my 30's

Yesterday was a great day. Went to the gym, went shopping and best of all, got lots of birthday wishes :)

A few things showed up at the door too :)


Chocolate covered strawberries and apples from Kristine, Adam, and Eli.
Notice the one missing...that was lunch.

(which also came with a balloon that Piper is not in love with. She is currently in the kitchen barking at it!)


More chocolate covered strawberries from Heather, Erik and Evie.
YUMMY!

Now everyone knows what one of my favorite desserts are :)


Beautiful flowers from my sister, Samantha.
They are so pretty and the best part is that there are a bunch that haven't opened yet.


The best birthday card from J's parents!!

For dinner J and I went to the Trattoria. Their food is phenominal.
I could not decide what to get between two dishes. I asked for a reco and both the waitress and another gentleman said the white sauce dish. I still could not make up my mind, so the waitress told me I could do half and half. PERFECT!

I got half Orecchiette con Fricone e Rucola
Fricone, dialect of the southern region of Apulia for a fried tomato sauce, made from vine-ripened tomatoes, crushed garlic, a pinch of red pepper and arugula, tossed with an imported handmade ear-shaped pasta and pecorino cheese.

And half Gnocchi alla Bava
Our handmade potato gnocchi in a fondue-like sauce of melted Fontina from Valle d'Aosta, sweet Vermont cream and white truffle oil.

So good and prefect balance.
With dinner we had a very good bottle of wine: Morgante Don Antonio Nero d'Avola 2004

It was a great night.

Thank you everyone for the kind wishes.
Love, Sarah

No comments: