Monday, September 14, 2009

Late Fees

I refuse to ever pay a late fee on my credit cards. Granted I always pay them on time, but once in a while I blank and I end up paying one late, maybe this happens once or twice a year, if that much at all. Of course this past month I blanked and paid a bill 1 day late (usually this bill is due on the 2nd of every month and this month it happened to be the 1st). So, I just received my bill thats due October 2nd and there I see a $39.00 late fee, I immediately call customer service and tell them that it was one day late and I would like them to take the charge off...and guess what...poof! It's gone. I was even prepared to cancel the card...glad I didn't have to do that.

Moral of the story, don't pay late fees, call first (and be nice). Especially in this economy.

No comments: