Friday, May 29, 2009

Tough Thursday? I am not sure...

Our bubble at work popped last week. My company had to lay off 7 people and I was one of the "unlucky" ones. Shocked COMPLETELY. Less than four weeks ago we were told everything was OK, no more unnecessary spending, and then had an ice cream social...hmmm. BUT, am I upset, not totally, its summer and I am on "summer vacation". I have no debt, I am in a good position to be unemployed. Gonna take the summer off from work and enjoy myself.

I am also going to take this opportunity to get things done around the house that I have been wanting to do since we moved in 2 years ago. I am going to really look for a job that I love. Will it be in marketing/advertising, I don't know. Could be, but maybe for a non-profit. Something more fulfilling. For now, I may already have a part time summer job, doing something I LOVE, coaching swimming. I noticed that whenever something in my life is not going right, or something bad happens, swimming is ALWAYS there for me. Its very comforting.

Stay tuned for before and after pictures of all of my house projects. Painting starts tomorrow.

Until then, I will enjoy some wine.

1 comment:

Krissy said...

I have to say I am a bit jealous right now! Your summer sounds like it will turn out great and I am sure a job that you really want will turn up :)