Thursday, January 29, 2009

NAPA

Saturday we went to Napa and did a lot of wine tasting, too much maybe!
Our first stop was Sequoia Grove.


They had some great wines. My favorite was the Cabernet Sauvignon. They also had this great Cabernet chocolate sauce. OMG!! So good. You drink some wine, and then some chocolate and then some more wine. YUMMY!!
The other wines we tasted were:

Sunset Splash Rose

Chardonnay

Merlot

Rebellious Red

Syrah

CabSav

Me and Eric drinking the chocolate with the wine.

The next stop was Alpha Omega.


This was my favorite by far. So good that I joined the wine club.
The wines we had here were:
Chardonnay Unoaked 2007
Chardonnay 2006
Proprietary Red 2005
Syrah 2007

All were excellent.

The third stop on the tour was Whitehall Lane. This is when it started going downhill.
We were a bit tipsy at this point, the guy in the tasting room even told us we needed to tone it down...woopsie!

Then some random girl, Vicky, took our camera and starting taking pictures of us. She then proceeded to tell me that she loved my hair and that she was not a lesbian. She was the crazy of the day. Their wine was pretty good, but I probably wouldn't go there again.


Annnddd....the last stop on the tour, Domaine Chandon, a champagne tasting room. We decided to to the classic tasting, which included 4 different champagnes aks sparkling wine. Not a good idea. Come to think of it, I am not sure we ever got the last one. Which is why we ended up leaving without paying. That was after Heather and I decided to dance to Beyonces' "Single Ladies" to OUR OWN SINGING. Thats right, there was NO music. There is a video of this, but I am afraid that if we post it on You Tube it will become an instant hit, and I am just not ready for that ;)




Needless to say, we didn't make it to the drag show at Marlena's that we were planning on going to that night...

1 comment:

Heather M said...

her name was NIkki!!